Friday 25 May 2012

The Elevens Tag

I was tagged!! A 'lil bit excited sha because it is my first. I've been putting it off for a while, because I don't have enough people to tag. But I noticed other bloggers who were tagged, tagged less than eleven people, because most bloggers have done this tag anyways.

So first off, I'll say thank you to Daughter of Her King and The Relentless Builder for tagging me on this.

Now to the rules;

1.  Post rules
2.  Post 11 random things about yourself
3.  Answer questions posted by the person who tagged you
4.  Create 11 questions and tag 11 people to answer your questions
5.  Notify those tagged of the game
6.  Notify the person who tagged you after you have answered the questions
7.  No tag backs

Here are 11 random things about me;

1) I looove being alone. I love my company and I talk to myself a lot (don't worry, I'm not crazy)

2) I am the only girl among two boys

3) I suspect I definitely have OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder). As I grow older the less severe it is, but when I was younger I always had to touch EVERYTHING!! I came across 4 times. My dad caught me one day and I was so embarrassed. I still have other weird compulsions

4) I'm an extremely shy person

5) I absolutely love Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie. Her novel Purple Hibiscus made me start to take my writing seriously

6) When I grow up I want to be The Minister of Health for Nigeria..lol..

7) Most of my very good friends are male.. I have very very few female friends.

8) I wish I had a sister!!!

9) I read a lot!!. They call me 'library girl' in school, (very much sarcastically). Buh I don't care *shrugs*

10) I initially wanted to be an Electrical Engineer and offfered Technical Drawing plus Applied Electricity in Secondary School. But somehow I changed to Pharmacy in SS2.

11) I want to visit Paris someday and take a picture under the Eiffel tower

That's done, now I'll answer questions from DHK and TRB.



Questions from DHK
I)What hairstyle are you currently rocking?
  A side-part straight weave. The hair has started smelling sha so I won't exactly say I'm 'rocking' it. Gonna yank it off tomorrow *scratches scalp*  

2)How long did you spend in primary school?
  6 years

3)What is your naughtiest moment ?
  Not a very naughty person..ah! I remember something I did when I was younger, but not putting it up here and I don't consider it that naughty anyways

4)How do you express your anger?
 I'll go to a quiet place where I can be alone, then grumble to myself. If there is a paper and pen nearby or my laptop I'll start putting my feelings in writing.

5)What would you spend your last penny on?
 Probably food (hiding my face in shame), buh I've done that a lot that's why it's easy to answer. I'm very slim in case you're wondering.

6)When was the last time you treated yourself to a niceeeeeee warm food?
 Yesterday afternoon at an eatery in school; white rice with plantain, efo-riro and meat

7) Who was the last person you said  "I love you " to?
 My Prince Charming a.k.a. The caramel in my Mars bar

8) What is your favourite take away dish?
 Chicken and chips..... Haven't eaten that in a very long while sha

9) How do you eat in public, spoon, knife, fork or hands, loud, quiet, slow, fast etc?
 It depends on what I'm eating and how comfortable I want to be. I don't eat loud o. I so hate it when people do !!!

10)Do you polish your shoes?
  I wipe my shoes everyday, but don't use shoe polish

11)What are your thoughts on after life
  There will be no worry whatsoever and people will love one another completely. I hope to make it to Heaven someday by God's grace.



Question from TRB

1) Would you describe yourself as fashion-conscious?
   Absolutely not! But I love dressing well and picking very classy pieces. As long as I don't look dowdy. I don't even know all those Designer names

2)Name one song you can never forget and why
  A King Wasiu Ayinde Marshall (KWAM) 1 song that has some lyrics that go "fatty bombom o, fatty bombom o.......shokologobangoshe", something like that. I just liked it when I was small o. I don't even know where I heard it because that kind of song would never have played in my house and when I was about 5, I was singing it out loud in my family's compound in the village during Christmas. When my dad heard me singing the song, he went ballistic and said I must never sing it in my life AGAIN!!. I was embarrassed because he shouted at me in the midst of a lot of people. I was a very sensitive child.

3)What physical feature would you like to change?
  Perfectly happy with how I look. In fact I think I am one of the most beautiful people ever created..notbeingproud... I thank God for the way I look. I won't mind wider hips sha..lol

4) Three words that other people use to describe you
   Weird, quiet, unfriendly

5)Three words that you use to describe yourself
   Intelligent, deep, funny

6)Pen (Biro) or pencil? Which do you prefer, and why?
   Pen. Pencil marks are too dull and don't leave vivid memories

7)Do you have a favorite fragrance (perfume, body spray, etc).  If yes, what is it called?
   No. Just obtain anything I see on my mum's dressing table

8)What are your pet peeves (Name three at most)
   dirt, noise, body odour

9)Do you like children? Why or why not?
   I like them when all they do is sleep (it can be really nice watching them), coo and smile. But when they get noisy and bratty they can be a pain. I can't wait to have one of my own

10)What's the name of the last book you read?
   The Secret Lives of Baba Segi's Wives

11)What's the name of your favorite author?
   Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie a.k.a Agadi Nwanyi (igbo phrase that means 'old woman'- i just like the way it sounds. That's what her sister calls her because of her 'deep wisdom'..hmm)


Phew!!!!

Now to my own questions.
Ay's questions

1) How many pairs of shoes do you own?
2) Name three places in the world you would love to visit
3) What is your best food?
4) What would you do if you had just 24 hours left on earth?
5) Do you believe in love at first sight?
6) What is your beauty regime?
7) At what age did you start school?
8) How did you spend Christmas last year?
9) Do you consider yourself an introvert or an extrovert?
10) Have you ever been caught up in a physical fight with anyone?
11) What do you love about blogs ville?

And the bloggers I'm tagging on this are.........drumroll............
Just 2...*sigh*

secretlilies
Re-Birth of a DramaqueeN

Yep, I'm done!!!!!!!!!!! Yay me!!

That was tiring and fun too. Going to check this out of my to-do list.

Thanks Daughter of Her King and The Relentless Builder for this opportunity

14 comments:

  1. Hey AY well done for doing this...enjoyed reading it. I think its awshomeee.... lool @ singing wasiu ahinde.. mehn i USED TO sing them songs too.lol..

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks..I'm happy you enjoyed it. I had fun doing this

    ReplyDelete
  3. woow....reading your blog was a fabulous and interesting journey. hope to see more!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? That's really great. I 'll try to keep 'em coming. Thank you so much!!!

      Delete
    2. You're most welcome. Do check my blog for latest changes. ...and thanks mucho for being the first person to comment on it! overly appreciated! And please leave comments too

      Delete
  4. Interesting... "wider hips sha"! What do you want to do with it? haha

    You must be a very quiet person if people describe you as "unfriendly and deep" hmm...

    - LDP

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Seyefunmie. i‘m glad i was the first person o. You are very welcome. Your blog‘s beautiful. Thanks for following :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ LDP. don‘t mind me joor...i don‘t need them. it‘s just that my petite figure gets to me sometimes. but i like myself like that o.
    “extremely quiet“ among most people, but like the few friends i have, when you get to know me, you know better. as for the unfriendly thing, i just don‘t make friends that easily, buh i don‘t fink i‘m unfriendly like most people presume.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awwww...... You know I have not even checked my blog, just came here to check for updates and I did enjoy ur post. Thanks for the tag :) would def get to it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi!... and I thought you didn‘t want it o since you did not come since all these days..lol..just joking.
    I‘m glad you enjoyed it and you are welcome. Thanks for stopping by my blog. Will be expecting your answers on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice to meet you. You sound like someone I know :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. It‘s my pleasure....lol.. Really? I wonder who that is.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I finally got to read this, and I feel like I got to know you better (You're welcome, by the way)

    Minister of Health? Dreams can come true. When it happens, I'll remember this post.

    I'm not fashion conscious either. I wear what looks good on me.

    Oh my goodness, that "Shokologobangoshe" song, I used to sing it too, when I was younger. Along with some other songs I am not too proud to admit I sang.

    Your pencil v. biro response is remarkable actually. I so wasn't expecting that, as per linking biro/pen marks to vivid memories. Of course, water can destroy both, but that's another story.

    Perfume on your mum's dressing table ... LOL! So down to earth.

    And finally, the comment on children. I heartily concur. I can't stand rude, disobedient children. My cane won't be far away at all.

    I enjoyed reading this!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awwwwwww...so glad you enjoyed reading it.

    Yeah when I become the Minister of Health, we will remember this post...lol!

    Yeah, you actually don't seem fashion conscious..
    I thought only few people knew that song..that song ehn..

    Thank you, thank you so much for stopping by and commenting. Very much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment. You can't tell how much that encourages me :)