The rules as usual are;
1. Thank and link back to the giver
2. Answer the giver's questions
3. Nominate other Blogs with fewer than 200 followers
4. Ask five questions for one's nominees to answer
5. Post it on your Blog.
I won't be following the rules completely though, I'll just be answering her questions since I presume most Bloggers have been tagged on this.
My answers to her questions;
1. What is your most prized possession?
I think that would be my collection of novels that I have gathered over time
2. If you became famous for something, what would it be?
3. If there was one thing you could change about yourself or your life or your past, what would it be?
I can't think of one thing really, but I wish sometimes I was a more extroverted person.
4. What is your fave book and or author?
I don't really have a favourite book per se. But basically I like reading contemporary African literature. I am most enthralled by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie's work, however. My favourite author is definitely Chimamanda..
5. If the world came to an end right now, where do you think your fate will lie?
I'm not perfect, but everyday I strive to be a better Christian, so hopefully in Heaven.
Yeah, that was nice...
Mr Afronuts of Kush Chronicles did a mini review of my blog recently, amongst three others'. I felt quite honoured by that. Thanks Afronuts. You can check it out on his blog.
Here's a portion of the review I excerpted;
"The tagline on Ay’s blog tells us she’s on a journey of self-discovery. A smart one which makes the existence of a blog very important. She gives us points of view on life from the perspective of a upcoming pharmacist.
With a pleasant orange template and eye-friendly font, you get to read Ay’s blog with ease. I guess the colors add to the warmth."
Thanks again Sir.
This past weekend, I attended Chimamanda's book signing at Glendora bookstores in Ikeja City Mall. As usual it was a pleasure listening to her speak and garnering bits of wisdom from her on life and writing.
First she read an excerpt from Americanah, then there was a Question and Answer session and then the book signing. It was all very interesing, especially the Question and answer session.
I hope you all had fun over the weekend.
Take care guys and thanks for stopping by...:)