Is it true that as we grow older we get wiser?
This year 2013 has been an awesome year so far. I've laughed, I've cried, but basically I've learned a lot and made greater sense of some things.
I want to share some of what I've learned/made greater sense of with you;
1. Love God above all things, even when it doesn't make sense.
2. Strive to do the right thing at all times, even when it's unpopular.
3. Nobody is perfect or should be described as 'perfect'. We all make mistakes and are just imperfect beings.
4. The more you work hard at something, the better you get at it.
5. Every challenge is a stepping stone and a path to growth.
6. An eye for an eye will really make the world go blind. 'You do me, I do you', that's not how life works.
7. Money doesn't define happiness, doesn't define success or make anyone anyone better than the next person.
8. Keeping your eyes on the prize makes it easier to run the race.
9. It's a small world. You don't know where you'll meet me, I don't know where I'll meet you. Let's be nice to each other.
10. Being happy is not a given, it's a choice you have to make for yourself.
11. Never say never, no matter what.
12. Your 'enemy' today just might be your closest acquaintance tomorrow.
13. Be happy on your birthday. God has brought you to the beginning of another year in your life. Be thankful, laugh and take lots of pictures.
14. You can choose to cry all you want, but one day you might look back and wonder why you cried so much.
15. Fall in love once, fall in love twice and fall in love even a third time. Don't ever give up on love.
And lastly, don't forget, your health is much more important than anything. Take good care of yourself, eat right, be active and go for regular medical check-ups. 'It' could happen to you too.